Good Morning PS133Q Families
Attached are flyers for different events/workshops taking place in and around our community. The updates and reminders are also posted on my website. Please allow a few days for the website to be updated.
In the best interest of our students’ safety, if you arrive at school after 8 am, please have your child enter through the front door of the building.
Also, please be reminded that there should be no parking where signs prohibit, but especially on 248th St. which is reserved for our school buses. Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding.
248-5 86th Ave, Bellerose, NY 11426
Phone (718) 831-4016 Fax (718) 831-4020
As the colder weather is upon us, please be mindful that your children are dressed appropriately. We recommend that all children dress warmly with a coat, hat, scarf and gloves. It is important that students are dressed in layers so they can put on and remove sweaters and sweatshirts as needed. As always, please be sure to label all of your children clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles etc. Once again, our lost and found is overflowing with items! Anything that has a name on it will be returned, all other unlabeled items with be sent to donation.
Updates and Reminders:
1. Please join us Today Tuesday 1/14 for Parent Engagement Workshops – Please see attached for flyers.
i. CS Workshop @2:20pm – Click on Link to Register
ii. PE Workshop w/Mr. K . K -2 Grade @2:20pm – Click on Link to Register
iii. PE Workshop w/Mr. T . 3-5 Grade @2:20pm – Click on Link to Register
2. Please see attached document for a wonderful opportunity to join PS133Q Parent Leadership Team. Share your ideas and interests with us! Join us on January 16th, February 13, and March 19th for Parent Leadership Meetings!!! 7:30 AM P.S. 133 Library
3. On Thursday, January 16th, our Community Education Council for District 26 will be hosting a Town Hall with Chancellor Carranza at MS74. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
4. SLT School Leadership Team Meeting on Thursday, January 16th from 2:45-4:45pm
5. Our next PTA Meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 21st at 8am in the Library.
All parents/guardians of a child attending PS 133Q are welcome to attend the meeting. Please find attached the PTA meeting agenda. We hope to see you there!
Also, the PTA is in the planning stages of their first Chinese New Year celebration 2020 CNY PTA flyer . They have requested that any parent that wishes to participate in any way, whether it be planning, donation of decorations or food/drinks, or craft ideas/assistance, reach out directly via email at PS133QPTA@gmail.com
The Parent Teacher Association
6. Please note that Kindergarten registration is still open. The deadline for applications is January 21st, 2020. All current Pre-K students must register for Kindergarten in order to have a seat for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please click on link below for more information
7. Congratulations to our CS4ALL T-shirt contest winner Nabila in class 5-320. If you are interested in ordering a T-shirt please see attached flyer for order form
Please be reminded Monday, January 20th there is no school in observance of Martin Luther King Day. Children return to school on Tuesday, January, 21st.