- “What does educational equity mean for our school community?”
Please join us as we discuss and engage in conversation about our roles as parents and caregivers, and our hopes for our children’s futures.
Topics discussed during our first meeting included:
*Who are your children? Talk about their talents. What do they do that makes you smile?
*What do you envision for your child’s future? What are your hopes and dreams for them?
*Where do you feel the least seen in your child’s school community? What do you wish their teachers knew or understood?
*What is the best learning environment you can imagine for your child?
When: May 7th, 2021
May 18th, 2021
Time: 5:30 – 6:30
Meeting ID: 949 6193 8579 Passcode: 784936
2. COMPUTER SCIENCE – CS EVENT FOR PK/K FAMILIES
Parents/Guardians prepare to be programmed!
You and your byte sized computer scientists are invited to enjoy an evening of hands-on family activities!
When: May 12th, 2021
Click on LINK to REGISTER
3. P-EBT Food Benefit
What you need to know about the P-EBT food benefit for NYC students, as of February 10, 2021:
- The $420 food benefit for spring 2020 has been distributed to all NYC public school students.
- If you have not received the spring 2020 benefit, click here (bit.ly/PEBTcontactform) to contact the State, and send an email to email@example.com.
- It is anticipated that P-EBT food benefits for the 2020-2021 school year will be issued to eligible children no sooner than March 2021, this and more information can be found on the Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance website
- Please continue to visit https://otda.ny.gov/SNAP-COVID-19 for the most up to date information. You can also find additional information on what the Pandemic EBT food benefit is and who is eligible here
Please note that if you have not already done so it is imperative for you to set up your child’s https://mystudent.nyc accounts immediately. The DOE will soon be sending all communication through these accounts. As you already know, the only way to access your child’s report cards is through this account. We willNOT BE SENDING PAPER COPIES OF THE REPORT CARDS HOME.To access your child’s report card, you MUST set up your mystudent.nyc accounts. In the very near future this will be the only method for you to access information regarding your child’s schooling.If you believe you have already set up the account, please go in and make sure that it is active. If it is not, please email Karen Lee Klee40@schools.nyc.gov
REMEMBER PLEASE THAT THIS IS A SEPERATE ACCOUNT THAN THE WWW.MYSCHOOLS.NYC ACCOUNT WHICH IS REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR PRE-K, K MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL