The New York City Department of Education is launching Parent University this week! Parent University provides families with access to 95+ free courses, events and activities to support learning from early childhood through adulthood. Parents can register for free workshops on a wide range of topics, including adult education, student social-emotional learning, and special education. Visit Parent University today at parent.schools.nyc! Click on the links below to download the Parent University flyer in English and translated versions.
EVENT: Parent University *NEW FEATURES UPDATED WEEKLY*
Parent University (parentu.schools.nyc) is a course registration and management system where NYC families can find free trainings on a wide range of topics. Parent University serves all families, from early childhood through adulthood, and seeks to educate and empower them as partners and advocates through free courses, resources, events, and activities.
We currently offer 300+ pre-recorded, on-demand, and live, web-based courses and they cover a wide range of categories including:
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Early Childhood Education
- For Parents, By Parents – NEW Category!
- Health and Wellness
- Multilingual Learners
- Parent Leadership
- Remote Learning and Technology
- School Buildings and Operations
- Special Education
We also offer links to 65 websites on our Resources Tab.
For more information, including flyers in different languages, please visit the Office of Family and Community Empowerment page on the DOE website.
- Self-Care: Mindfulness, Breathing, & Chair Yoga – EVERY Tuesday @ 10am
- Mindfulness for Parents with Children of All Ages – EVERY Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm
- Tobacco, E-cigarette & Alternative Product Use – Wednesday, March 17 @ 9:30am
- Family Fun Hour: 1, 2, 3, Math is for ME! – Tuesday, March 23 @ 6pm
- All About Ranked Choice Voting: English – Wednesday, March 24 @ 6PM
- All About Ranked Choice Voting: Spanish – Thursday, March 25 @ 6PM
- PA/PTA Bylaws – Tuesday, April 13 @ 10am
Or check out one of our pre-recorded, on-demand courses!
Finally, join us for Creating a Successful Learning Environment at Home, a series of virtual courses on socioemotional learning. In these courses, families will learn strategies and access tools that promote a successful learning environment for their children. Courses will be conducted in English, Spanish, and Chinese, and taught by our partners at Ramapo For Children.
For more information about the series, view the course flyers below:
We hope to see you on Parent University!